Welcome to Burnett Medical Center MyCareCorner, your personal portal to your health record. We created this simple, comprehensive guide to help you navigate through your new portal. While you may see some differences compared to what you are used to, your new portal offers an enhanced experience and ability to effectively manage your health with your provider.
Burnett Medical Center will provide you with an email or a printed copy of instructions for accessing the MyCareCorner website.
Using the Email
- From the email, click the link in the email.
- Enter your customized invitation code. Click Submit.
- Click Create Account. Follow the steps to complete the registration process.
- A verification question may be displayed. If so, answer the question and click Submit.
- Use the drop-down list to select the record (or person's name) whose information is being transferred to MyCareCorner* and click Allow.IMPORTANT: If you do not see the correct person's name, click the Add Record button to add the person to the drop-down list so that it can be selected. [To add a record, click Add Record. In the Create New Record screen, enter the First Name, Last Name, Relationship, Sex, and Date of Birth of the patient record you wish to add. Enter the characters and click Create. The new record is now an option in the drop-down list.]*It is important to note that multiple patients can be set up under one account (or email address/password combination) so that spouses and/or children can be accessed from a single account holder.
- Click Home to go to the MyCareCorner patient portal home page. You now have a secure Patient Portal account!
Using the Printed Instructions
- From your internet browser, enter the URL from the printed invitation into the browser window. Click Continue.
- Enter the invitation code from your printed instructions. Click Submit.
- The remaining steps are the same as above. See steps 3-6 to complete the process.
Is the Patient Portal secure?
The Patient Portal is very secure - your information is protected with the same high level of security that all healthcare organizations are required to follow.
- Information you access within your Patient Portal is protected with secure SSL encryption - the same security protocol that banks use to protect your financial information.
- Your Patient Portal account is password protected and linked to your verified e-mail address.
- As with any online account you manage, you will want to keep your login credentials safe by:
- not sharing your username and password with others,
- creating a "strong" password, or one that is hard to guess, and
- logging out of your account when you're done accessing your Patient Portal account.
If you have questions about the Patient Portal or need assistance, please call 715-463-5353.