Burnett Medical Center’s Rehabilitation Department will help you regain body functions lost due to medical conditions or injury. Whether you need physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy, our rehabilitation experts meet your individual needs on an inpatient or outpatient basis to help you return to the life and activities you love.
Physical therapy helps you restore function, gain relief from pain, promote independent living, and understand how to prevent re-injury. Physical therapists can help with the following:
- Athletic injuries or athletes after surgery
- Athletic screenings
- Chronic conditions (arthritis, back and neck pain, and over-use injuries)
- Developmental delays (cerebral palsy, torticollis, spina bifida)
- Ergonomic assessments
- Post-surgical rehabilitation for the spine, ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands
- Pre-employment assessments
- Weakness and limited range of motion
Occupational therapy provides evaluation and treatment when medical conditions limit your ability to participate in your normal everyday activities. Occupational therapy interventions may include:
- Adaptive equipment education and training
- Cognitive testing
- Home safety assessments
- Neurological rehabilitation techniques
- Pain relief modalities
- Range of motion, strengthening and coordination exercises for the upper extremities
- Return to work analysis and training
- Selfcare management and training
- Upper extremity splint fitting and management
Our visiting speech therapist is trained to provide prevention, screening, consultation, assessment and treatment for the following:
- Delayed speech and aphasia
- Partial or total loss of the ability to speak or understand language
- Swallowing evaluation
- Voice disorders
The Rehabilitation Department is open Monday and Thursday from 7:00am-6:00pm and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7:00am-5:00pm. For more information, please contact the Rehabilitation Department at (715) 463-7253.
"I loved working with Janelle, she did good in helping me with OT for carpel tunnel."
"Kathy was a joy to have working/helping me through my issues. She is very knowledgeable in what she does. She is very caring and attentive to me and I appreciate my sessions with her."
"I am very very happy with results. I still need work at home, but I have the tools. Thank you so very much!"
"Lynn was great! I felt appropriately challenged and encouraged. I felt confident that he wasn't overtaxing my ACLR but was willing to challenge me enough for great progress. Everyone here was so helpful and encouraging I always looked forward to coming."
"Very well taken care of. 9 weeks instead of 12 from surgery."
"Very nice, informative. Will come back if needed."